Here at your Bow Valley College Faculty Association, our goal is simple – we strive to advance and promote the academic and professional interests of our membership, both as a group and as individuals. The needs and wishes of our members are the driving force behind everything we do, and our official objectives are the bedrock of this organization.
Officially, our objectives state that the
Bow Valley College Faculty Association shall:
- Act as the representative of Members of the Faculty Association in the negotiating, monitoring, and enforcing of the terms and conditions of employment
- Foster standards of excellence in learning
- Foster academic and social community among Members of the Faculty Association
- Advance and promote the academic concerns and professional interests of its Members as individuals and groups
- Liaise with external organizations
- Foster good relations between the Faculty Association, the College, the Board, and the community
- Promote the independence and freedom of academic thought and teaching
- Deal with any other matters considered by the Executive Committee to be in the interest of the Association or its Members
We welcome your feedback, thoughts, and ideas!
Get in touch any time using the contact form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any promotional events or information you’d like to share? BVCFA may be able to share your information on either our blog, Twitter or both. Please send your proposals via email to email@example.com
Disclaimer of Endorsement
References or information posted on this website regarding specific events, activities and/or services are provided by external committees, individuals or groups within Bow Valley College. These are solely provided with the intent to share information for the users’ convenience. They do not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or preference by the BVC Faculty Association.